In these protected areas walks, birding, camps and enjoy the rivers, beaches, forests, volcanoes, archaeological and historical sites and, in addition, observe ecological events of great significance in the continent can be performed.
Click on the circle
- Guanacaste 1 Guanacaste
- Tempisque 2 Tempisque
- Arenal Tilarán 3 Arenal Tilaran
- Osa 4 Osa
- Tortuguero 5 Tortuguero
- Cordillera Volcánica Central 6 Central Volcanic Ridge
- Amistad Pacífico 7 Amistad Pacifico
- Marina Isla del Coco 8 Marina Isla del Coco
- Pacífico Central 9 Pacífico Central
- Arenal Huetar Norte 10 Arenal Huetar North
- Amistad Caribe 11 Amistad Caribe
The importance of the natural resources of Costa Rica transcends borders and protect forms of life, flora and fauna in danger of extinction. All that makes that the country will become one of the favorite destinations for eco-tourism. These areas have most facilities of access and stay to enjoy them, while respecting the existing habitat.
Since 1992 Costa Rica is world headquarters of the 'Council of the Earth', for his initiative in the field of conservation of natural resources. It is the country with largest area protected in the world: 1.342,900 hectares, corresponding to 28 of the national territory.